Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Reading more

Part of the umpteen new year resolutions that I make each year, reading always tends to feature prominently in them. Reading more that is. And picking something outside of my usual reading genre. Despite all best intentions, I never seem to make it.

Chancing on the reading challenges in the blogosphere, I think this may just be the ticket to infusing new life into my usual reading habits!

Two challenges that I would be participating:

Color Coded Challenge 2013
The goal is to read 9 book with any of the following colors, or shades thereof, in the title:

1. A book with "Blue" or any shade of Blue (Turquoise, Aquamarine, Navy, etc) 
2. A book with "Red" or any shade of Red (Scarlet, Crimson, Burgandy, etc)
3. A book with "Yellow" or any shade of Yellow (Gold, Lemon, Maize, etc.)
4. A book with "Green" or any shade of Green (Emerald, Lime, Jade, etc)
5. A book with "Brown" or any shade of Brown (Tan, Chocolate, Beige, etc)
6. A book with "Black" or any shade of Black (Jet, Ebony, Charcoal, etc) 
7. A book with "White" or any shade of White (Ivory, Eggshell, Cream, etc)
8. A book with any other color in the title (Purple, Orange, Silver, Pink, Magneta, etc.)
9. A book with a word that implies color (Rainbow, Polka-dot, Plaid, Paisley, Stripe, etc.)


Monthly Key Word Reading Challenge 2013
The goal is to read a book each month whose title includes, or is associated with, one or more key words for that month.


This may just get me blogging more often (another new year resolution, in case one didn't guess!)

I'll have a dedicated page to keep track of my  reading challenge progress soon.

This should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment