Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Restart

I have been away from this blog ever since I pretty much started it, but hopefully that will change in 2013. 2012 was a pretty good year, with work and home taking center stage. However, I did get a decent amount of knitting time in. My favorite knit from 2012 is the Swallowtail Lace Shawl by Evelyn Clark. I knit the pattern entirely as is, and the only modification made was to add beads along the edge, and skip the nupps entirely. I have a hard time doing nupps in general, and with lace weight yarn it was even harder. To compensate, I decided to add beads. Having never added beads before, I chose the wrong kind, and this turned out to be a bit more tedious than originally imagined. I am glad that I persevered since the beads definitely add charm with its color picking up subtle shades from the yarn. All in all, a success in my books!



No comments:

Post a Comment